506th Tank Regiment, UNSC Jan 19, 2015 22:47:15 GMT -5
Post by GuardsGhost on Jan 19, 2015 22:47:15 GMT -5
Name: 506th Tank Regiment
Motto: Progrede ne regrede (Ever forward, Never back)
Type of Faction: Marine Corps Armoured Regiment
Faction Leader: Lieutenant Colonel Miles Cooper (NPC)
Active Characters: Charles Pool [WIP]
Other Notable Figures:
Lieutenant Colonel Miles Cooper
- Your genlteman officer. Raised in the cream of the crop of New Albion society, Miles Cooper is a dedicated professional who intends on whipping the Five-Oh-Sixth into fighting shape from what he see's as its 'sorry state'. Though a stickler for discipline, he is no fool. He listens closely to the grumbling of his men. Recognizable by his
mustache, and scarred cheek from a duel on the homeworld, the grey haired Lieutenant Colonel is not a man to be trifled with.
Major Mariya Litvy
- Mariya Litvy is married to the regiment. She's fourty years old, unmarried, and uninterested. All she lives for is the military, and it's all she's ever desired. The pale woman with the scarred face is meticulous to a fault, and quite motherly when it comes to her regiment. This is not to be mistaken as an overt familiarity with the regiment, for she saw her command nearly evaporate infront of her during the conflict with the Prometheans on Hood's World. It was this battle that got her her 'medals of honor', burn and shrapnel scars from her arms to her face. She serves as Miles' second in command. She's also his enforcer when it comes to the dirty business. When there's medals to hand out, the Lt. Col goes himself. When he needs someone to do a particularly nasty job in the field, she's the one whose sent.
First Lieutenant Lee Maken
- Your typical defensive officer, Lee looks down on his 'co-workers' more aggressive tactics in preference for working closely with Jacobs' heavy AA combined with his Grizzly's. Lee is a well meaning, but stubborn officer in his 30's. The portly officer with the red, yet friendly face is sometimes jokingly referred to as 'Santy'.
First Lieutenants Annabelle Jacobs
- Annabelle Jacobs has ambition. And everyone knows it. Lieutenant Jacobs pays special attention to her image, but not in a vain manner. Only a select few will get command of their own unit someday, and that may well be her someday, if she plays her cards right. Her 'cards' happen to be having the regiments AA under her direct command, and she utilizes them like a scythe that sweeps through the enemies air, while covering her friend Maken. She resents Captain Archer, believing (and perhaps there's some truth to this) that the Lieutenant Colonel promoted him simply out of a personal friendship. She's prepared to prove herself to HQ, and is willing to risk her mens lives to get where she needs to get.
Sergeant Major Nicholas Rev
- The Old Hand of the Regiment. This is the man men go to first when they have an issue with how things are going in the Regiment. He commands the only Grizzly in First Squadron, and his men idolize him. He's an honest, hard working man in his 50's who keeps the men together. He has three children, and several grandchildren back on New Albion, and a wife that loves him dearly. He has a particular hatred for Regimental Clerk, Corporal Mike Ratelle due to the mans thieving nature.
Regimental Clerk Mike Ratelle
- Ratelle is the man people go to to play cards, or to get some extra rations from. He's certainly not the type of man you invite to your sisters house. Ratelle gets things done. He's earned his nickname that derives from his rather unfortunate name in both behavior and appearance. He's an opportunist with a generous streak, his position allowing him to go into the field before the mop up teams, and search the corpses for valuable intelligence.
Sometimes he takes a little more.
Goals: Develop and Test Experimental Wasp tank
Beliefs: Adhering to the regiments legacy as the regiment that got Spartan-117 through the Mombasa Bridge.
Enemies: Insurrectionists/Storm Covenant
Headquarters: UNSC Myriad
Armaments: Usual spattering of side arms and personal weapons. (See vehicles)
Armor and Uniform: Marine BDU's
The 506th Regiment, due to it's assignment to the Myriad has a wide access of vehicles for the purpose of waging war upon the enemy, including an experimental vehicle designed on the Myriad, and given to the 506th for testing in the field.
14x Wasp Tanks
20x Scorpion Tanks
10x Warthogs (6 Gatling, 4 transport)
4x Grizzly Tanks
2x Mongoose Light Rec. Vehicles
1x Mammoth Command Vehicle
These vehicles are organized as such in Squadrons
1x Mammoth Command Vehicle
4x Transport Hogs
1st Squadron- Designated, Saber Squadron
10x Wasp Tanks
3x Scorpion Tanks
4x Warthogs (Gatling)
1x Grizzly Tank
2nd Squadron- Designated, Shield Squadron
10x Scorpion Tanks
2x Warthogs (gatling)
3rd Squadron- Designated, Juggernaut Squadron
7x Scorpion Tank
4x Wasp Tanks
4x Warthogs (Gatling)
3x Grizzly Tanks
The Pioneers bring with them
20x Mark III 'Cyclops' Exoskeletons, used for non-combat tasks such as assisting damaged or 'flipped' tanks, and for carrying heavy materials.
8x Mark IX 'Mantis' used to provide support for the Cyclops
The Wasp tank is probably the most unique aspect of the 506th's arsenal. The Wasp tank was designed and built by engineers on the Myriad to find the perfect balance between a Scorpion's speed and a Grizzly's armor/arsenal. The baby, was the Wasp. This vehicle is being tested by the 506th to see if it can replace the venerable Scorpion tank. It has less armor than the Grizzly (more than the Scorpion), and less firepower than the Grizzly with only one main cannon. In exchange, it has twin linked coaxial machine guns operated by the gunner. The Wasp has yet to have extensive field experience, but so far it is proving promising.
142 Crewmen and officers, including the ten marines assigned to guard the Mammoth, and the regular Marine drivers using the Warthogs.
50 Pioneers from the 302nd Pioneer battalion that was folded into the 506th after a tragic incident.
2590- Due to tensions caused by Phillips between the Sangheli and Humanity, the 506th regiment is reactivated as a symbolic move. Recruits are initially chosen from the colonial worlds of Lewis' World, and New Albion.
2594- The 506th is finally outfitted with a complete arsenal of Scorpion tanks and other vehicles for their usage in the waging of war upon the UNSC's enemies. The regiments motto is officially designated as Progrede ne Regrede, Ever Forward, Never Back by founding Lieutenant Colonel Jeffrey Heckser. They are presented with their regimental banner, bearing a single battle honor for the new Regiment to carry into the darkness. 'Mombasa'.
2600- The 506th is assigned to the UNSC's Misty Lantern, and is used as the ships armored fist for ground operations.
2605- The 506th is assigned to the ice world of Barbarossa, where an Insurrectionist force has risen to control of most of the planet, despite the best efforts of loyalist militia and the army garrison. The Marine tankers are dropped onto the planet. The men of the 506th are not given adequate time to repaint their tanks, and find themselves in a terrible position as the Insurrectionists begin utilizing guerrilla tactics against them. Several tanks and dozens of lives are lost before the men of the 506th left standing learn from experience what to do to survive.
2607- The 506th participate in one of the most defining engagements of the pacification of Barbarossa, the battle of Higgin's Road. The 506th, as the vanguard of the Marine Expeditionary Force enters the area only to be fired upon by grey painted Scorpion tanks, with the red fist of the Colonial cause displayed on their turrets. Two Scorpion tanks of the 506th are lost. However, the Insurrectionists plan backfires. Instead of causing the 506th to retreat and wait for reinforcements, the men of the 506th throttle their tanks forward and return fire. A tank engagement erupts between the two forces, and the men of the 506th perform admirably. When the dust settles, five Scorpion tanks from the 506th are left disabled and destroyed in the field, at a return price for twenty Insurrectionist tanks. A new battle honor is awarded to the victorious 506th a few months later, 'Higgin's Road'.
2608- The final push against the Insurrectionist forces on Barbarossa begins, and the now veteran 506th paves the way. They are ordered to assault a heavily fortified position, and obey their orders with a large amount of griping. During the push, two tanks are disabled, but not destroyed. The men of the Five-Oh-Six continue their advance, straight over the enemies heads in some cases as they knock aside the hastily constructed barricades, drawing fire to themselves as the Marines of the 11th Dragoons sweep in. The 506th receives another battle honor as the Campaign draws to an end, under the Barbarossa corner of their flag. 'Douglas' Hill'.
2625- The founding Lieutenant Colonel of the Five-Oh-Six is promoted above the 506th, taking a command elsewhere in the galaxy. His second in command, Major Roussel takes command, earning a promotion to Lieutenant Colonel. The 506th at this point have earned several more battle honors for notable actions against the Insurrectionist forces.
2636- The 506th are one of the first units on the scene when the Promethean's land on the nearby colony of Hood's World, named after the Lord Admiral himself. The 506th fight a desperate battle against the Promethean's. They are caught completely off-guard by the advance technology wielded by the Promethean's warriors, and Scorpion tanks are disabled left and right. The 506th fight an admirable campaign against the Promethean's, border lining on insanity as they attempt to evacuate and protect civilian targets. Tragedy strikes when the command vehicle of the 506th is destroyed, claiming the senior commanders lives. The 506th and other UNSC forces are pulled back from the world, the defeat leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of the 'Never Back' regiment.
2642- Lieutenant Colonel Miles Cooper promotes former Captain of First Squadron Mariya Litvy to Major as his second in command, becoming the first female Major of the 506th.
2643- Lieutenant Brian Archer is promoted to Captain and assigned command of First Squadron officially, causing some resentment at the rate of his promotion among the other two Squad leaders, First Lieutenants Annabelle Jacobs (Second Squadron), and First Lieutenant Lee Maken.
2644- Crewman Charles Pool enlists in the UNSC, and is sent to the 506th Regiment.
2647- A disastrous engagement between Insurgent forces and the 302nd Pioneer Battalion leads to them being folded into the 506th.
2648- The Joyous Exultation Massacre. The news sends ripples throughout the 506th, and they find themselves assigned to the UNSC Myriad. Development on the Wasp tank begins from reports done by the 506th regarding the effectiveness of their Scorpions.
2650- The Wasp tank is phased into the regiment. First squadron becomes the chosen squadron for the tanks, and now Corporal Charles Pool and his Regiment find themselves in the center of what many see as a war. The 506th takes meticulous care of their tanks, drilling and preparing for the day where they may be unleashed upon the Covenant and Prometheans. The new Lieutenant Colonel having whipped his men up into an almost feverish eagerness for the chance for long healed injuries, invoking on long dead hero's such as Spartan-117 and their ancestors on Mombasa. Who knows, perhaps the 506th will finally get the chance to honor that legacy after all.